Monday, July 15, 2013

Quilting Sketch Book...Big Leaf Vines



Big Leaf Vines are always a favorite

of mine for large border areas:




This is a very basic big leaf vine...




 Same Basic Big Leaf Vine...


I added 2 vein lines in each leaf...





I added a curl in each leaf...





I echoed the leaf shape in each leaf...





I added thicker vein lines in each leaf...





I added jagged lines in each leaf...


It is fun to challenge yourself to fill the

big leaves with different designs!




Inspiration from the Flower Beds:


Be sure to double click on this image...

There is a white spider inside the calla lily bloom






These white spiders come every year and live

 in the calla lily blooms.




I check on them each morning while watering:


They are camera shy and run away...






They hide from me on the back side of the bloom.

You can see spider legs on the left of the bloom.




In the back yard flower beds...


The Orange Spider Dahlias are starting to bloom






Love the juicy orange color!












Pink and Yellow Spider Dahlia





I have a landscape tree quilt in progress, so I did

some homework last evening...



After the hay field, we went for a stroll 

up in the timber...







The light filtering through the fir trees is lovely...







The light appears golden as it hits the forest floor...







These images help me determine the lighting on

both sides of the tree trunk...







The close up images will help me to create

the markings on the tree trunks...














If you are inspired by these images...

you are welcome to use them in your personal art work.



Gunnr enjoys watching us work 

in the hay fields from the comfort

of his shaded pick up seat.




CLICK HERE to view my Thread Shed


CLICK HERE to view My Tutorials



CLICK HERE to view my online Sketch Book




CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers!!! And great sketch!! Did you get your screens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your big leaf vines! What a coincidence that I was examining the forest and the trees last night for the same details. I didn't have my camera though, so I must go back.
    Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The forest photos are wonderful. Since I bring my cell with me on most walks, I have found that my photos are actually better with the phone!! Go figure!

    ReplyDelete